Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Carry/Mit Mir

The opening of my exhibit/Die Eröffnung meiner Ausstellung

Thank you to everyone who made this evening such a success! Special thanks to Jana, Uli and Lars for helping me install the show. Truly, it was an unforgettable evening and one that reflects how greatly this year has affected my identity. It is no wonder why this show is composed from portraits of friends and family; our relationships in life are fundamental to our recognition of an experience, and influence how we view our own conception of self. I could give you a long drawn out explanation of all my painting made this year, but I will let pictures speak for themselves.

For those who are inclined to read the german language, you can find an article (at the link below) I wrote, that was published in the Gießen newspaper: http://www.giessener-zeitung.de. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me. And lastly, I encourage you to think about the relationships in your own life that have affected how you present yourself to the world. 

           





 A task for visitors was to manipulate the space itself by adding commentary along the paper scroll. The white paper connecting all of the works added an element of fluidity and creativity. I want guests not only to be viewers but partakers in this Gesamtkunstwerk (integrating different art forms- music, theater and visual arts).









And naturally we partied until the sun rose and the birds could greet us with their morning song

An example that the real subject is much more beautiful than a picture could ever be

1 comment: